Yost – Bonitz Screen Printing
Passion for print.
Who we are
Wear what hearts say! That is why we are here. We walked in with a group of passionate, free-thinking designers who turn your heart’s favourite designs into reality. Wear what you like, the way you like.
What we offer
Take a look at the wonderful designs that we offer.
Our happy customers
Real support from real people
Hi, I am Willeke. I have always wanted to wear shirts that are designed according to my tastes. That is when I was lucky enough to meet the people at Yost and now people are jealous when they look at the tees that speak my heart. You must try this out as well.Willeke Mulder
Latest Works & Updates
Screen printing is a technique where you can stencil an image on various clothes. All you need to do is build a screen and stencil, and through the mesh, you will have to push the ink into the piece of clothing. You can create multiple designs and experiment with many things with screen printing. Screen printing is also a very easy thing to do once you get the hang of it. So if you want to do screen printing in your home, the below steps can help you out.
Build the screen and the frame:
You will need a canvas stretcher frame and make sure that the frame is big enough to fit the design you have in mind. Once you have the screen ready, you need to get the mesh. Try to get a mesh which allows the ink to pass through it. Meshes with a mesh count of one square inch will be perfect for most screen printing. Now you will have to staple or stick the mesh with the frame.
Craft your design:
The silkscreen will let you apply only one colour at any particular time. Try to make your design with contrasting colours so that it will stand out. You cannot use shading on screen printing, so it is best to use contrasting colours. If you want to have complex designs, you will need multiple prints. You can even print out the design on a laser printer and use it for your screen printing. You will have to draw the print on a transparent paper.
Printing the screen:
Once your design is ready, you need to apply photo emulsion on the screen with the help of a squeegee. Make sure that you spread the emulsion nicely. Repeat the same procedure for the next side of the screen and let it dry in a room for about 30 to 45 minutes. Make sure that you do not place the screen on the ground as the emulsion will stick to the floor.
As the screen dries, you need to set up a table with a light bulb. Once the screen is dry, you need to place the screen on the table with the light bulb and expose the screen to the light and leave it there for about 10 minutes. Place the stencil on the reverse side and then flip it over before putting the screen down. If you do not do it on the reverse side, you will get a mirror image of your design.
Now you will have to wash off the screen with cold water. Make sure that you do not rub too hard and damage the screen. Now apply ink on your design and drag the squeegee over your design. Try to press hard with the squeegee to get a better print. Now pull away from the screen from the t-shirt and allow it to dry.
Screen printing may look quite hard, but once you get the hang of it, you will understand that it is actually an easy task. You can even set up screen printing machine in your home, and you don’t even need many materials to do that. Screen printing your shirts is one of the best DIY things as it is very easy to do them and you also get the satisfaction that you have done it with your hands. Being able to do screen printing at your home, you can try out various designs and experiment with lots of cloths.
Before starting with your screen printing, you will need the below things:
• Blank silkscreen mesh frame.
• Transparent paper and photo emulsion.
• Light bulb.
• Gloves and aprons to prevent ink from falling on you.
• Black fabric.
Burning the screen:
• First, you need to coat the silkscreen with the photo emulsion. You can do this by using a squeegee. Follow the instructions on the emulsion container and mix it accordingly. Once the mixture is ready, you need to apply it on the screen and make sure that you spread it evenly and coat the entire screen with photo emulsion. Now you need to follow the same procedure for the other side of the screen.
• Once you have applied the photo emulsion, you need to leave the screen to dry. You can set it in a dry room where there are no other disturbances. You can let it dry for a couple of hours. Make sure that you do not put the screen flat on the ground as the emulsion will stick on the ground.
• As the screen dries, you can focus on printing the design you want on the transparent paper. Pick your design and print it on the transparent paper by using a laser jet printer.
• Next, you need to set the light table. You need to turn down all the yellow lights in the room and position the light bulb directly on the table.
• Once the screen is dried, you need to place it on a frame in an upside down position and position it with the silkscreen. Now turn the light bulb and burn the screen for about 30 to 40 minutes. After the burning of the screen is done, you can place it back in normal lighting.
• After the burning procedure, you need to clean the screen with cool water. You need to make sure that you do not run off the screen while washing.
Printing the design:
Place your t-shirt on a flat surface, and you need to apply ink on one side of the screen. Let it dry for about 10 minutes and then carefully lift the screen and repeat the same procedure on the next side. Once it is dry, you will have your printed shirt ready.